Notice of Categories of Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Personal Identifiers: Personal contact information such as legal name, home address, telephone number, email address, and emergency contact information. We obtain this information from you during the application process.
- Professional, employment-related, and educational information. We obtain copies of educational diplomas, passports, passport cards, foreign passports, form I-766 employment authorization cards, visas, permanent resident cards, birth certificates, social security cards, driver’s license, date of birth, direct deposit information, resume, employment history, professional references, background check, drug screening information, results of credit checks, results from required testing, citizenship status, immigration status, military status and work permit information from you, employment recruiters and referral sources when you apply for a job with us or become employed by us. We use and share this information with trusted service providers to manage our human resources activities. We also use and share this information with trusted service providers to perform required background checks for employment related activities. We do not share this information with third parties who sell or use the information for their own purposes.
- The Company does not and will not sell your Personal Information.
Purposes of Collection and Use
- To recruit new employees
- To ensure your skills match the job requirements of the position you are applying and/or hired for
- Conduct pre-employment background screening and credit checks
- To monitor eligibility to work in the United States
- To provide human resources management services
- To administer benefits, reimbursements, compensation and leave requests
- To conduct performance-related reviews, including performance appraisals, career planning, skills monitoring, job moves, promotions, demotions, and staff re-structuring
- Implementing compliance and discipline procedures, and investigating and reporting on your compliance and discipline
- Managing internal complaints or claims and litigations
- To maintain accurate contact information in the case of an emergency
- To foster and improve our culture and working environment, including conducting staff surveys, providing senior management information about other employees, and conducting training
- Operating IT and communication systems and monitoring your email and internet usage to the extend permitted by applicable law
- To comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as legal (state and federal) and internal company and external client reporting obligations, including headcount, management information, demographic and other required reporting
In very limited circumstances we may also process your information to fulfill or enter into a written agreement with you, such as an employment contract. If you choose not to provide us with your information in these circumstances, it could prevent the execution of the agreement
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold & How we Share Your Personal Information
You have the right to know about the Personal Information we collected disclosed and/or sold about you during the prior 12 months. Consumers with disabilities may access this policy in an alternative format by sending an email to email@example.com.
Specifically, you have a right to know:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you and your household, and
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you, and your household including the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected, business or commercial purposes for which your Personal Information was collected, the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed the categories of Personal Information for a business purpose, and the business or commercial purpose for selling or disclosing your personal information to a third party.
When disclosing your personal information with a third party for a business purposes, we enter into a contract with the third party describing the purpose of such disclosure and requiring that such personal information be kept confidential and not used for any purpose except to perform the services under the contract or to respond to regulatory or law enforcement requests.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Protected classification characteristics under California or Federal Law
- Professional or employment-related information
We disclosed your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Our vendors and services providers
- Third parties who provide professional services such as attorneys, auditors etc.
- Third parties to whom you or your representatives authorized us to disclose personal information in connection with products or services we or they provide to you
- Government agencies as required by laws and regulations or otherwise to comply with legal obligations or valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders. When we disclose your persona information to comply with a legal obligation or legal process, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal information necessary for the specific purpose and circumstance
We have not sold any Personal Information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the past 12 months.
You may request to review and obtain the Personal Information we collect by asking for and completing a written request form. To ensure that the request is coming from you and to protect the security of your Personal Information, we require that you provide us with the following to verify your identity if you are requesting access to the categories of Personal Information we collect: (1) email address (2) telephone number (3) personal identification..
If you use an authorized agent to exercise your right to know about your Personal Information, we will verify the identity or your authorized agent by requiring your authorized agent to provide us with either (1) your power of attorney authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf or (2) your written authorization permitting the authorized agent to request access to your Personal Information on your behalf together with the identity verification information for you described above depending upon whether the authorized agent is requesting the categories of Personal Information about you or specific pieces of Personal Information about you.
Within 10 days of receiving your request to know, we will confirm receipt of your request and provide information about how we will process your request, including a description of our process to verify your identity and when you should expect our response. Generally, we will respond to your request within 45 days and provide you the requested Personal Information by mail or a readily usable electronic format. Under certain circumstances, we may take up to 90 days to respond to your request. In these circumstances, we will provide you with notice and an explanation of the reason we will take more than 45 days to respond to your request. If you are requesting to obtain specific pieces of your Personal Information and we are unable to verify your identity, we will deny your request and inform you that we cannot verify your identify and explain why we have no reasonable method with which we can identify you. However, we will treat your request as a request to obtain the categories of Personal Information we collect, disclose, and/or sell as described below.
By law, we can deny your request to know specific pieces of your Personal Information, in whole or in part, if it conflicts with federal or state law. If we deny your request for these reasons, we will notify you that your request has been denied and explain the reasons for the denial. If your request in denied only in part, we will disclose the reminder of the Personal Information you requested.
By law, we cannot provide you with specific pieces of your Personal Information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of your Personal Information. Additionally, we are prohibited by law from disclosing to you your Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account information, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, or security questions and answers.
Changes to this CCPA Employee Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes, we will notify employees through an email notice and reflect the date is was updated.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this CCPA Privacy Notice, please write us at:
9444 Waples St Suite #100
San Diego CA 92121
Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org