With the economy still recovering, looking for work is a new game. Hiring is an expensive task for businesses, and if a new recruit doesn’t work out, that cost is at least doubled. Despite job growth, some companies are still cautious, and many prefer the less risky option of hiring a temporary employee. Temping could be a great option if you’re looking to try out a new role or career before settling into a permanent position.
Some looking for work may have their doubts about this type of employment, but there are great benefits to temping. Some advantages of temp work are:
- More Experience. You can’t get your foot in the door of most places without proper experience, and temping gives you varied experiences you can leverage for many fields. Use temp work to grow your base of knowledge and build your resume.
- Temping puts you in control. It provides a level of freedom that’s difficult to find in any permanent placement.
- Learn different skills and systems to build a base that will make you knowledgeable regardless of the platform. Temping is builds your skill base fairly quickly.
- Temping helps you build a base of professional contacts. The more people you work with and get to know in temp roles, the more potential ins you have later on, whether you’re looking for a permanent role at a company where you temped or just a reference who’s familiar with your strengths.
- The amount of freedom and flexibility that temping offers workers is relatively unique. There’s no better way to increase your overall happiness and work-life balance than working in temp roles that you can fit around your lifestyle.
- An Exit Strategy. Many temps hope their temporary posts will become permanent, but many find that they don’t quite fit. Temping means potential for a more fixed position as well as the freedom to move to another opportunity.
Enjoy the perks of temping before you land your next job and contact QualStaff Resources to learn more about our candidate services today.